Develop the inner scientists in students
Show your students how to explore, imagine, and flourish in a vast array of biological sciences. Educate your students on genetics and plant life. Explore animal classifications. Demonstrate safe laboratory practices. Inspire their inner scientist.
Combine biology and pedagogy
DSU’s biology education program prepares you to become an expert in biology and pedagogy. Learn biological principles. Understand the fundamentals of education. Use the scientific method to orchestrate experiments. Conduct an undergraduate research project. Work in remarkable laboratories.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Share your passion, inspire your classroom
Be the teacher you’ve always wanted to be, in a field you love and enjoy. Share that passion with young students and motivate them to achieve their fullest potential.
Upon completion of the BSEd degree in Biology Education, students will:
- Have a basic knowledge of the principles of biology
- Be able to apply their knowledge of biological principles and the scientific method of inquiry to solve new problems
- Have a high degree of proficiency in the use of computer technology
- Be able to communicate their knowledge and results effectively
- Create a safe and respectful learning environment with an awareness of developmental levels and needs of learners
- Demonstrate professional dispositions of effective teachers to positively impact student learning while contributing to the well-being of their district