Succeed from your first day in the classroom
With a classroom full of students who are excited to learn, it’s no wonder why teaching is one of the most rewarding careers. Children are resilient and full of ideas. We know you are too.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Use cutting-edge technology to create interest and enhance learning. Help children develop creativity and curiosity, learn about respect and compassion, and instill a desire for lifelong learning.
Learn from the best
Partnered with a master teacher, you will participate in a variety of field experiences, including a year-long student teaching residence. Both experiences will help you develop classroom management and delivery skills and build your confidence for a lifelong career in education.
In addition to our K-12 Technology endorsement, you can earn endorsements in Kindergarten, English as a New Language, and Coaching, as well as minors in PK-12 Reading and English as a New Language.
As a well-prepared teacher with a deep understanding of content and pedagogy, you will be ready to take on the teaching world and make a difference in the lives of your future students.
Upon completion of the BSEd degree in K-8 Elementary Education, students will:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of content and pedagogy knowledge
- Demonstrate instructional design principles by planning and preparing effective lessons and learning activities for all learners
- Engage students by delivery of effective lessons and learning activities, and ensure assessment is fully aligned with the instructional outcomes in both content and process
- Create a safe and respectful learning environment with an awareness of developmental levels and needs of learners
- Integrate technology into lessons to create interest and communicate knowledge
- Demonstrate professional dispositions of effective teachers to positively impact student learning while contributing to the well-being of their district