Sphere of influence
Help others discover changes that lead to a healthier lifestyle, less chronic disease, and increased athletic performance. Go behind the fitness and explore the scientific knowledge and core elements of exercise.
Our exercise science program combines theoretical knowledge with hands-on experiences. Spend time in the lab or local facility while practicing techniques and procedures that give you confidence, increase your skill levels, and prepare yourself for your post-graduate career.
To help enrich your experience, DSU offers you access to the most advanced technologies:
- NeuroTracker Technology
- Dartfish® Motion Analysis Software
- SRM Training System®
- ParvoMedics® 2400 Metabolic System
Built with success in mind
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Want to take it to the next level? With Exercise Science, you can continue on to graduate school. Athletic training, Chiropractic Medicine, Medicine, Physician’s Assistant, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy are some of the options.
With exceptional training and tools to advance your knowledge, we have even more to offer. Our specific pre-professional options, like our Physical Therapy track, gives you an exclusive membership to the American College of Sports Medicine. Plus, you’ll attend the regional ACSM conference, and create your own research initiative.
During this program, we encourage you to seek an internship relevant to your field and your individual interest areas. These internships can be paid or unpaid.
Health is wealth
As you get out into the field, you’ll take great pride in helping others and putting them on the right track to a healthier lifestyle.
Upon completion of the BS degree in Exercise Science, students will:
- Demonstrate understanding of the structure and function of the human body
- Demonstrate understanding and participate in research in exercise science
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between physical activity, health, and nutrition
- Demonstrate understanding of ways to maintain health throughout the lifespan
- Demonstrate ability to perform, teach, and evaluate physical activity skills
- Understand the basic principles of exercise testing and prescription for the general population and athletes