Further your mathematical knowledge
Modern cryptography applies theories from mathematics, computer science, and electrical engineering, to design and implement strong encryption methods which are important to the safety of computer systems today.
Perform multifaceted calculations. Use security algorithms and protocols. Heighten your skills in problem solving and programming. Understand and apply probability, divisibility, and modular arithmetic to your work. Discover the principles behind complex cryptosystems.
Calling all STEM majors
At DSU, we’ve crafted our certificate so that you can earn a degree in mathematics or double major in mathematics and computer science.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Apply your knowledge
With a certificate in math cryptography, your knowledge in arithmetic, techniques, and algorithms will be endless.
Upon completion of the Certificate in Mathematical Foundations of Cryptography, students will:
- Understand and apply elementary probability, divisibility, and modular arithmetic arguments
- Perform mathematical calculations used in cryptographic techniques
- Understand and apply cryptographic techniques
- Understand information security algorithms and protocols
- Understand fundamental abstract algebra principles used in classical and modern cryptosystems
- Develop skills in problem solving and programming concepts