Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Gain primary skills in mathematics. Specialize in an area that peaks your interests.
- Information systems (IS)
- Intermediate education
- Secondary education
Each specialization comes equipped with technology and associated softwares. In fact, many of your classes and homework assignments leverage these softwares and programs. Giving you the ultimate experience as you maneuver through your undergraduate program:
- SAGE Math
- Microsoft Excel
Seeking another degree but still want to major in math? No problem! Our program allows you to obtain this degree, in addition to your primary major.
Invest in student opportunities
We know having professional opportunities for students is a major plus. That’s why we provide our students with as many as possible. Here are a few you can take on:
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA) membership
- MAA Sectional meeting (DSU will host the spring 2021 meeting)
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Supplemental instructor
Our campus also offers a wide variety of clubs and organizations. Join the Math Club or Math Seminar Series, where mathematical topics are discussed. Form lifelong friendships with those who share your passion for math.
Optimize your experience
With a strong foundation of mathematical concepts, you can launch yourself into a career that is challenging, insightful, and competitive.
Upon completion of the BS degree in Mathematics, students will:
- Be able to use mathematical symbols and mathematical structure to model and solve real-world problems
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate communication skills related to mathematical terms and concepts
- Be able to demonstrate the correct use of quantifiable measurements of real-world situations